Christmas Cruise - 2020

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Okay you hardy land lubber souls, Belle-Vie is back in business with an operating Genset once again. This means she is ready an able to hit the high sea with vigor. So, anyone out there game for a little winter adventure? Current plan is to head for open waters for a few days shortly after Christmas with a hamburger deluxe and brew at Haleys in Friday Harbor as a destination and purpose in mind.

Weather conditions will remain top of mind this time of the year. Observation for a weather window for such an adventure depends upon the Weather Honcho's predictions as we get closer to the departure zone. High confidence that he will forecast reasonable conditions for some water play time. Anybody, anybody?

I know from experience that it is hard to get up off of your comfortable barcalounger and dive deep into your soul to muster the will to get away for some fresh air, salty water and brisk wind to get the old stodgy body going this time of the year. Shake off those cobwebs, warm up those cockles, slide into some warm fuzzies and hit the bricks, so they say.

Dec 25, 2000
It would take me two days to get there. Sure they are open?
A bit of a hike for you, Mike. As far as I know the marina is open, but will check in a week or so to confirm, including Haleys.
Oh your a temptress
He, he, he. The SBO burgee sure looks proud and majestic fluttering from my burgee lanyard. The PNW Cruise - 2020 DVD that I'm working on has clips and pics of it. Nice addition to Belle-Vie. Thank you.

Nov 21, 2012
Yamaha 33 Port Ludlow, WA
We're heading to the boat next week. Our Christmas plan is to go south to Olympia but if that changes we'll let you know.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I will need to see what is possible. I thought I was going to be gone for most of the month of December. I put the boat to sleep so she would be good until I returned for a January New Year celebration. 2021 has got to be an improvement on 2020.

I'll let you know you little devil. :twisted:...:biggrin:

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Mike... May I edit your image to turn it right side up. (darn cell phone images).

Dec 25, 2000
I put the boat to sleep so she would be good until I returned for a January New Year celebration.
That must be the faint sobbing I hear off in the distance. Poor thing. Must be having nightmares from loneliness. How cruel.:rolleyes:

• Ha
Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
We were going to head out to Commencement Bay for the TYC Xmas parade given the forecast. Glad we didn’t because the forecast was very wrong. Blowin and rainin

Nov 21, 2012
We're heading south from Port Ludlow towards Olympia. We thought we'd anchor at Port Madison, but we rounded the corner and it looked fogged in. We're anchored just east of Indianola this evening. Winds calm, predicted northerly 3-7 kts overnight. 37° for the low.

Attachments

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2000
Dental appointment Tuesday, then New Years. Will likely head out shortly after that, weather permitting. Friday Harbor a destination.

Nov 21, 2012
Same to you, Terry! It will be a happy one for all of us, I'm sure.

Nov 21, 2012
Made it to Fox Island but the forecast looked pretty dreadful for the journey south. We're anchored on the north side of Blake Island for the evening. Heading back to PL over the next day or two.