Christmas Cruise 2019

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Christmas (winter) break fast approaching and this skipper will be away from work between 12/21 through 1/5. So, I'm hoping to be out on the water some during this time, weather permitting. Hey weather honcho what does your crystal ball shaping up to look like during this period? Probably head in the direction of Friday Harbor with a stop or two on the way. Likely be a bit cold, but proper attire on deck will help and the furnace on below decks. More details to follow.

Dec 25, 2000
Caught a bug a couple of days ago. Head/chest cold working its way through. We'll see. Hopefully, be gone in a day or so.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Take care Terry. Just like those little bus riders to share snotty germs with the bus driver.
“Good bye Mr Cox, cough cough. Have a merry Christmas, sneeze!!!”

They are cute and all, just little germ incubators.

Dec 25, 2000
Thanks all. Feeling a bit better today after a good dose of hot chicken noodle soup. Works wonders.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Terry,
My wife makes elderberry syrup using our own raw honey and wild harvested local negra elderberries. It is suppose to be a miracle cure. Lots of people swear by it and there is real research into the effectiveness of elderberries being done that supports it.
We sell lots of it at the farmers markets. You might consider looking into a local source. One teaspoon a day is the usual dose. I can't vouch for its use except to say there are no shortage of people who believe in it. It tastes pretty good in your tea, as well.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Dec 25, 2000
Thanks Will, I’ll look for it. Our local coop stores carry all kinds of stuff like that. We get our raw honey there that comes from Granite Falls.

Dec 25, 2000
Posted the following reply on another forum and thought I would do the same here. Needless to say, my cruise got cut a bit short, but had a nice time anyway, well kinda.

Just returned from my Christmas Cruise around the Islands. Nice weather through this past Monday, but all weather hell broke loose Monday night and continued during my return back home yesterday. Got no sleep Monday night, and rather than lose more sleep, per the forecast, decided to head for home. Nasty sea and wind conditions on my return would be an understatement. Using the lee side of islands helped some, but my anemometer reads low and I saw several 40 plus wind speeds (50 gusts were forecasted). Sea state was very, very lumpy. Made it back safe and sound yesterday afternoon and a very restful sleep last night. Even caught a wind break as I came into our slip without banging up our neighbor's boat. Would I do it again, of course.