Chesepeake , ICW, Keys & Bahamas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2004
- - Windsor, Ont. Canada
Group : Given the draft & mast height issues in the areas we intend to go cruising (Chesepeake , ICW, Keys & Bahamas) what would be the largest Beneteau that those of you who have experiance would choose to own. We are planning ahead, and want to have the "most" boat we can manage, however, I'm concerned that the B50 we really want may be too much mast height (63.5ft) for the ICW & the 6ft draft would prevent us from going to many places in the Bahamas. I am particularly hopeful to hear from anyone who currently owns a B50 & cruises the areas mentioned. Thanks in advance to those who respond. Regards, Paul. www.winpipe.ca

Jun 4, 2004
- - Miami, Fl
the Moorings...

charters a 413 in the Abacocs. that's a monohull w/ 5'7" draft. Lots of large boats go to the Bahamas, they just anchor further out. I once delivered a 60" schooner from Nassau. That boat had a 7 or 8 foot draft, I believe. You will have more problems in the ICW in N. Carolina!!! In the Keys you can stay offshore and head in to harbors as needed. I sailed a Moorings 50 from Guadelope (sp?) to Grenada once... Great boat. Good Luck, Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.