Checking more off the list

Jun 29, 2010
Beneteau First 235 Lake Minnetonka, MN
Got the shore power install done, and nothing smoked or popped. Might wire in the charger, might leave it. Definitely not a priority decision right now. Also go the VHF base unit in with the RAM mic. Going to have to take a break from crawling around inside for a while as my leg needs to heal from that lil Melanoma removal. Next up are the winches, stereo, MSD pump-out and vent lines, fans and charging ports, and the wired in CO detector. Some deck organization and lines need to be run as I now have an assym to fly. Really coming together finally and making Seeker our own.

20200803_181935.jpg
20200806_182522.jpg

20200803_181925.jpg
20200810_193918.jpg

20200810_193447.jpg

And no, I cannot seem to mount much of anything straight. ;)

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
Looks good! What is the black box next to the smart plug? When you say "wire the charger" do you mean hard wire it rather than an outlet plug? Would you want a separate breaker for that rather than wiring to "accessory" (which would seem to be your outlets)?

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
A while back I recommended putting an opening Beckson port in the transom to replce that portlight.

Jun 29, 2010
Looks good! What is the black box next to the smart plug? When you say "wire the charger" do you mean hard wire it rather than an outlet plug? Would you want a separate breaker for that rather than wiring to "accessory" (which would seem to be your outlets)?
Scott, it's a folding cup holder. Have 4 on the boat, can't be left too far from a beverage. ;) Yes, thinking of wiring it in instead of plugged in. Will have to think on a separate breaker, I do have time.

Jun 29, 2010
A while back I recommended putting an opening Beckson port in the transom to replce that portlight.
I am planning on opening ports for sure. Gets hot down there.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
I'd go with an opening port into the cockpit footwell. Adds more light due to 2nd window , and avoids the questionable call of putting an opening port below the shear.

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
Scott, it's a folding cup holder. Have 4 on the boat, can't be left too far from a beverage. ;) Yes, thinking of wiring it in instead of plugged in. Will have to think on a separate breaker, I do have time.
Ah, drinks! I do have one of those that I haven't mounted. Adding a breaker looks like it can only be done with some expensive options. I used Blue Sea for my electrical panels and they weren't cheap, but they are very nice. I used the 360 panels rather than the Traditional. It looks like you could add a 3-position Traditional panel for about $200. You'd probably have spare positions, then, perhaps for a water heater in the future! The surveyor on our new boat made a fuss over the fact that there was not a voltmeter for the AC panel on our Catalina panel. We negotiated over the survey "must fix" items, and I haven't added one yet. It seemed a little fuzzy to me whether or not it is a "required" item for a 2000 boat or if it is only required for recent models. I'm making a list of AC/DC upgrades for winter projects. I would really like to replace the panels with Blue Sea products, but Sue says no expensive projects are needed and she's watching out now.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Ah, drinks! I do have one of those that I haven't mounted. Adding a breaker looks like it can only be done with some expensive options. I used Blue Sea for my electrical panels and they weren't cheap, but they are very nice. I used the 360 panels rather than the Traditional. It looks like you could add a 3-position Traditional panel for about $200. You'd probably have spare positions, then, perhaps for a water heater in the future! The surveyor on our new boat made a fuss over the fact that there was not a voltmeter for the AC panel on our Catalina panel. We negotiated over the survey "must fix" items, and I haven't added one yet. It seemed a little fuzzy to me whether or not it is a "required" item for a 2000 boat or if it is only required for recent models. I'm making a list of AC/DC upgrades for winter projects. I would really like to replace the panels with Blue Sea products, but Sue says no expensive projects are needed and she's watching out now.
The AYBC requires meters on NEW construction. That are not required on older boats.

Jun 29, 2010
Well I already installed 2 Blue Sea panels on Seeker and yeah, spendy. Not in the mood to uninstall a brand new panel and replace it so, things may have to just stay as they are for a while. On the drink holder, they are nice as the fold but, sometimes you forget they are open and ya snap the base off of one...... Will need to replace that one or just go without for now as it is only going to be Rachel and I on the boat for the foreseeable future anyway.

Maybe "Santa" could miraculously send you a panel? ;)