Check out Roger Long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 8, 2006
Oday 26 Starr, SC

Attachments

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
Ed, most are aware that Roger has his own section on the forums to follow along his travels. Featured Contributers - Roger Long

I removed your link to his SPOT page as it circumvents a discalmer and request regarding following him along on SPOT.

The link to his SPOT can be found in any of his posts.

Thanks,

Dec 8, 2006
Oday 26 Starr, SC
Scott, I take exception

Scott said, "Ed, most are aware that Roger has his own section on the forums to follow along his travels."

After several years on this forum, I find that most do not know what else in on the rest of this web site. Especially forums that did not exist back when I joined...

Most on O'Day owners site are here for O'Day boats. Plain and simple.

Occassionally I have time to explore but until I retired my use of the this web site was limited to O'Day and most others on the O'Day site are probably the same, except for Joe who knows more than me...

So, for those guys in the Southeast, I posted Roger trip. Naturally guys on the Great Lakes could care less. And as Roger chugs up the coast I will say bye...

But while he is on my waters, I will promote him even without your help.

Maybe you need to come southeast and sail the skinny waters...

Ed K

Attachments

Oct 21, 2005
Oday 26 Indian Cove, Guilford, CT LIS
Scott said, "Ed, most are aware that Roger has his own section on the forums to follow along his travels."

After several years on this forum, I find that most do not know what else in on the rest of this web site. Especially forums that did not exist back when I joined...

Occassionally I have time to explore but until I retired my use of the this web site was limited to O'Day and most others on the O'Day site are probably the same, except for Joe who knows more than me...

So, for those guys in the Southeast, I posted Roger trip. Naturally guys on the Great Lakes could care less. And as Roger chugs up the coast I will say bye...

Ed K
This "ignorant" O'Day owner has been following him since he was planning his trip last summer. Chill, Ed, maybe if you didn't have such a caustic tone to your posts you wouldn't get "chastised".

Dec 8, 2006
Oday 26 Starr, SC
Apple Orchard Man

This "ignorant" O'Day owner has been following him since he was planning his trip last summer. Chill, Ed, maybe if you didn't have such a caustic tone to your posts you wouldn't get "chastised".
- - - - // - - - -

Appleman,

I enjoy stiring the pot. I learned that from another long time sailor on another forum.

Caustic tone incites replies, Thank You for yours. It is great to see your post. It is great to know that you are well.

Most are too busy to follow all such adventures and by stiring the pot it increases awareness. I understand that Roger's home waters are closer to you. Can I count on you comment when he is near you.

In the meantime I guess you are out pruning your trees weather permitting.

It is great to get your comments. You are capable of adding much to the forums, thank you.

Ed K

Attachments

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada

Ed K

Ed, my reference was to the fact that you had started multiple threads on the same topic in various areas. The Featured Contributors - Roger Long shows up in the list of forums on the O'Day forum page. Any posts started in there show up in all the forums and will also appear in the New Post listings and All Discussion listings, which many use to view the forums.

The reason for the correction on the SPOT, was as I stated, that you had circumvented a message that Roger specifcally placed prior to viewing his SPOT page, which is found by clisking the link on the bottom of any of his posts.

I am very interested and regularly follow Roger and see where he's located. I would hazard a guess, that many of the southbound traffic on the ICW in the winter comes from the Great Lakes sailors looking for warmth as the Lakes freeze up.... :D

As far as stirring the pot........ leave that for the War Room or other Forums please..... :)

Dec 8, 2006
Oday 26 Starr, SC
Roger Long shows up in the list of forums on the O'Day forum

Scott said, "Roger Long shows up in the list of forums on the O'Day forum page."

It does not show up if you do not go to that page first.

I go to 'Ask an O'Day Owner' directly.

Maybe you could have Appleman sign his name with his orchard's web site. I used to have it. It is in Connecticut. He is a real apple grower.

Ed K
addendum:
Points of sail: Traditional units of angular measurement from the viewpoint of someone on board a sailboat. They are: Straight ahead of you, right up there; Just a little to the right of aft; Right next to that thing up there; Between those two things; Right back there, look; Over that round doohickey; Off the right corner; Back over there; and straight astern of us.

Dec 8, 2006
Oday 26 Starr, SC
special reply for Appleman

Strider is almost in North Carolina, short by a few feet. Wait until the shrimp boats make a wake... Where he is at in bend is still SC, unless he is in the mud..

His GPS may even say NC, but he is not far enough up the bend... contrary to what his GPS is telling him...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scott said, "Roger Long shows up in the list of forums on the O'Day forum page."

It does not show up if you do not go to that page first.

I go to 'Ask an O'Day Owner' directly.

Maybe you could have Appleman sign his name with his orchard's web site. I used to have it. It is in Connecticut. He is a real apple grower.

Ed K
addendum:
Points of sail: Traditional units of angular measurement from the viewpoint of someone on board a sailboat. They are: Straight ahead of you, right up there; Just a little to the right of aft; Right next to that thing up there; Between those two things; Right back there, look; Over that round doohickey; Off the right corner; Back over there; and straight astern of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.