Check out my custom hard dodger

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
you must have about 400 man hrs in that project and it shows ...very nice innovation....

Dec 11, 2008
catalina C27 stillwater
This is my 1986 Pearson 36 with a custom hard dodger I designed and built. Hope you all like it.
Son - of - a ....

Okay, you posted pics to try to get a pat on the back????

You get one from me!!!! that is BEAUTIFUL!

I'm teasing, seriously beautiful work, and had I done same or similar you bet I would post it up... That is an inspiration for sure...

Got more pics? share!

Aug 21, 2015
Pearson 36 Stony Brook
Son - of - a ....

Okay, you posted pics to try to get a pat on the back????

You get one from me!!!! that is BEAUTIFUL!

I'm teasing, seriously beautiful work, and had I done same or similar you bet I would post it up... That is an inspiration for sure...

Got more pics? share!
Ask and you shall receive. Thanks for the fished-for compliments.

Attachments

Dec 11, 2008
catalina C27 stillwater
Ask and you shall receive. Thanks for the fished-for compliments.
Very-well thought out and executed cover for the backside of the cockpit instruments! The curved face of the cover provides a great touch! You just gave me the solution I was needing for the back of my compass. May I steal that?

I executed a similar solution with slightly different results; specifically a cabinet too shallow to hold anything... With sliding doors too small to get into... :D

Attachments

May 16, 2007
Boatless ! 26 Ottawa, Ontario
Very nice work, excellent display of a real craftsman, thanks for posting !

Jul 21, 2013
Searching for 1st sailing boat 27-28, 34-36 Channel Islands, Marina Del Rey
Very inspiring, thanks for sharing.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Sadly that dodger will add nothing to the resale value of the boat, and is likely to turn off more potential buyers than it attracts.

Mar 20, 2012
Cal 34-III, MacGregor 25 Salem, Oregon
Sadly that dodger will add nothing to the resale value of the boat, and is likely to turn off more potential buyers than it attracts.
but in the mean time, it looks great and will be functional for its current owner....

here in the northwest, as a year 'round weekend-cruiser, I would love to have something like that, but in fiberglass..., but then there are others who would love to have what I do have installed already, which is a conventional dodger with a stainless "roll bar" cage around it for creating a solid handhold while standing in the cockpit and for getting around the dodger when going forward. and also for connecting jack-lines to and a protector for the dodger against the boom in case the topping lift is too slack....

but no matter, the OP shows some fine craftsmanship in his creation, but I am extremely glad its not me that has to maintain the brightwork on his boat:D

Sep 23, 2009
O'Day 34-At Last Rock Hall, Md
Incredible craftsmanship. How did you make the curved panel door? You should publish your work.