Check On Your Winter Covers !!

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
North East boaters may want to check on their winter covers.

I went to the boat yard yesterday and saw the following after a wet heavy snow..

Aug 31, 2007
Catalina 30 Petoskey, Mich.
That really makes me feel GOOOD!!

Not so good for those people, but mine is indoors, in my huge garage at home!!! Sleeping like a baby and I am too. Pricless!!

Nov 22, 2008
Endeavour 32 Portland, Maine
This was the best thing I ever did as a sailboat owner:

Materials cost about the same as one year's shrink wrap job. Took about a weeks worth of time spread over two. Amazing how it stands up to wind and snow.

Tim R.

May 27, 2004
Caliber 40 Long Range Cruiser Portland, Maine
We had a large tree branch fall on ours but the frame held up well and protected the boat. No damage.

I can see the YW description for those boats now: "Immaculately maintained"

Jun 19, 2004
Catalina 387 Hull # 24 Port Charlotte, Florida
I hear this morning that you all have been hit pretty hard up there. We are getting reports of lots of snow and ice, with trees down and power outages. Hope you all fair well. Wish we could do something to help out, yet none of us have control over the weather. Good luck :)

Jim

May 21, 2007
Catalina 36 MK II NJ
I check mine every week. I know a boat where the owner does nothing. He lets the yard do it all. Never comes to his boat. Not even in the summer. Cover filled up with water and bent his rails. Good thing I called the yard before it got worst.

Jun 5, 2004
Hunter 27_73-83 Harrington, Maine
Nice Roger, I may try that some day.
In the mean time I clean the snow off with a squigy head from Home Depot mounted to a long pole. The rubber edge doesn't damage the tarp. I do it whenever there is snow on the tarp. A lot of the time it will slide off on its own.