Chartplotter/GPS Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

T Morrissey

I have a 2000 Beneteau 361 we took delivery on in October. Purchased a Raymarine Chartplotter 320 at the Atlantic City boat show. The 320 has an external GPS antenna. Was wondering if anyone had installed or had the dealer install a chartplotter/GPS. Would like to know where you mounted the antenna and where and how you passed the antenna cable through the deck. Thanks.

L

Larry Watkins

Chartplotter

T; My boat is '94 OC 400. My GPS antennae is mounted on the aft rail and the co-ax goes through the transom in a stainless and rubber goodie designed for it. I have my plotter/radar at the helm and like it much better than below.

T

T Morrissey

Thanks Larry. I cruised the boatyard this weekend and saw much of the same thing. Time to break out the drill.

J

Jose Venegas

GPS antenna

I don't know if the American built version has the same set up than my French built 361 but if it does, it should have an orifice in the aft rail as Larry mentioned. (See the small antenna in the photo just behind the flag post. I did not have to use the drill to pass the coax cable but it took some fishing around to pass it through. I mounted my first GPS-plotter (Garmin 126) at the nav station and connected it to the autopilot. Since then I bought a Garmin 176 which I mount at the helm while I am sailing. I take both home and download from Masource the same routes and waypoints into both systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.