Chartplotter for Raymarine ST 1000

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Are you asking about a chartplotter compatible with a Raymarine ST1000 autopilot? I believe you will the answer to your question in these threads. The first thread describes the Raymarine compatible chartplotters. Suggest contacting the chartplotter manufacture's technical service for connection advise before you purchase.

• Helpful

Macboy

Aug 8, 2014
Macgregor 26S Sherwood Park, Alberta
Forgive my lack of knowledge here - am I reading this right if I'm starting to think that there is a way to plot a course in software and have the ST1000 steer said course out on the water? Is that such a thing? If so I've got some rabbit holes to go down!

Nov 22, 2011
Ericson 26-2 San Pedro, CA
Forgive my lack of knowledge here - am I reading this right if I'm starting to think that there is a way to plot a course in software and have the ST1000 steer said course out on the water? Is that such a thing? If so I've got some rabbit holes to go down!
The ST1000 can be hooked up to a chart plotter (such as your typical Garmin) and then be instructed to steer toward a waypoint. I used to have an ST2000 on my boat and wired it to my Garmin 546S. If I activated a waypoint for, say, Avalon Harbor, I could then set the autopilot so that it would steer the boat to that waypoint.

Macboy

Aug 8, 2014
Macgregor 26S Sherwood Park, Alberta
Thank you. Some learning to do! And thanks for the thread Jerry! I'm now diving into OpenPlotter on the Raspberry Pi which can also output to the ST1000.