Charter Question

Apr 24, 2020
Hunter Cheribini 37 South Portland
I tried to charter a sailboat in the BMIs from an online company, MyRentBoat. I received a confirmation but haven't been able to contact anyone about it further. Has anyone run into this seemingly deadend? Ideas? I'm hoping to pull something together there before Thanksgiving and am short of time. Evey other charter seems out of boats.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Do you have a full web address? I searched for My Rent Boat and did not receive any result that looked like myrentboat.yyyy. When I tried MyRentboat.com, I could not connect to that website.

Apr 24, 2020
myrentboat.com is what I have. I get a site. Geez, I hate to send thousands of dollars to ?

Jan 11, 2014
myrentboat.com is what I have. I get a site. Geez, I hate to send thousands of dollars to ?
I wouldn't as I doubt they are a legitimate company. My browser won't connect because it can't make a secure connection.

They have a facebook page with very few followers, no comments, and what look to be stock photos.

The link below is for a tracking service, which shows very little activity on the site and more than a year since it was updated.

Here is the domain name registration info:

Jun 29, 2010
Beneteau First 235 Lake Minnetonka, MN
I just searched the Googs and got this MyRentBoat | Find the best yacht rental deals Looks like a standard charter company website but, as @dlochner said above, if you can't get through to them, could be sketchy. A lot of work to scam people but, ya never know. Looks to be a German company from the whois record and they registered it this past January. Personally, I would probably look elsewhere. There are a lot of companies that do business in Europe.

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
Rather than a Charter Company per se (like Moorings, etc) this looks like a "charter booking company" that then goes out to various charter companies to find you a boat. I get that first from the number of yachts listed for each location. I doubt that they have 2500 plus yachts under their direct management in Croatia or Italy. I guess the big flag is if you can't get in touch with them in a reasonable amount of time. They seem to be located in Europe so have you tried calling in the day in western Europe?

Apr 24, 2020
I did finally get a poor reply on WhatsApp. Thanks everyone! I decided to run and cancel my credit card I left with them. Booked Latesail!
they were responsive and I booked with them before. they found a good boat at the last minute for me.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Good for you Dan.
Looking forward to the pictures and stories about your upcoming cruising adventure.

Turkey on board the charter,
or will the meal be a good sailor's can of Dinty Moore Beef Stew?

1636142051330.png

I tried the stew on my grandson. While he was at first a little unsure, after a day of sailing he was hungry. He gobbled his share down and told his Mom he really liked can stew.

PaulK

Dec 1, 2009
Sabre 402 Southport, CT
Dinty Moore has to be better than Spam, no? At least there is some color variation.

• Ha
Jan 11, 2014
Dinty Moore has to be better than Spam, no? At least there is some color variation.
Spam is far superior to Dirty Moore. Spam is versatile and can be used in any recipe calling for ham or bacon. Have you ever tried a fried spam and onion sandwich? How about a Western Spam Omelet with spam, onions, green peppers, and cheddar cheese? Fried spam and ramen noodles? Or a maple glazed baked spam? The options are endless. Try that with Dirty Moore!

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
Spam is far superior to Dirty Moore. Spam is versatile and can be used in any recipe calling for ham or bacon. Have you ever tried a fried spam and onion sandwich? How about a Western Spam Omelet with spam, onions, green peppers, and cheddar cheese? Fried spam and ramen noodles? Or a maple glazed baked spam? The options are endless. Try that with Dirty Moore!
Spam, spam, spam, spam...

Jan 11, 2014
Once again we have demonstrated the inability of old guys to stay on topic and not be distracted by random thoughts.

Interesting Spam trivia, the state of Hawaii is the largest per capita consumer of Spam. It's where I learned to like it.:)

Could you pass the Spam, Please.