Charger needed for Standard 280s

Oct 26, 2005
- - Satellite Beach, FL.
I need a charging cradle and charger for a Standard Horizon HX280s that I picked up at a yard sale.
If your handheld has abandoned ship and you have a charger with no purpose in life please let me know what you want for it.
Thanks, Merlin

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
If you are unable to find a used charger and cradle and perhaps feel compelled to get the items from a retailer be advised that a new HX280 with a new battery, 12V charger, 120V charger and cradle sells currently for under $100 by various retailers in Amazon.com. Have you had a chance to check the battery, a replacement battery by itself is $60-$90.

Oct 26, 2005
- - Satellite Beach, FL.
Thanks Benny. That's a really good price for a nice handheld!
I bought this radio because I thought it would fit the charger for my 270s but the contact configurations are different.

Mar 20, 2004
Hunter 356 and 216 Portland, ME
they sell a charger - new for around $25, should be able to order from any std horizon dealer

Oct 26, 2005
- - Satellite Beach, FL.
Thanks but the charger and charging cradle are sold separately and I don't want to get too involved with this yard sale radio.
I have a nearly new mounted vhf in the boat and a perfectly good handheld.
If I don't find a used charger I'll try to find someone that has a complete set and wants this as a spare for cheap.