Changing Traveler on Beneteau 381

Sep 3, 2010
Hunter 37C Annapolis
I am looking to upgrade the Lumar Traveler on my Beneteau 381 with Garhauer. Has anyone does this? I like specific info on how to remove old traveler and what they ordered from Garhauer.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
My experience with Garhauer has been that they may be able to answer your specific questions directly... if you can't find what you want from this forum. Good luck

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Ditto Joe. Curious what features you are looking for....and why? Reason I ask is I might replace my traveler since the screw on one side seized and cannot unscrew it to properly attach the traveler line. I am considering Garhauermarine, Lewmar and Harken travelers.

Link to Garhauermarine, Lewmar and Harken traveler sites below.

GarhauerMarine.com - Travelers - Travelers 1-909-985-9993 info@garhauermarine.com

https://www.lewmar.com/sites/default/files/Hardware Guides.pdf dealer: Annapolis Performance 800-729-9767 email link Contact Us | APS

Harken Sailboat Hardware and Accessories dealer: Annapolis Rigging 410-269-8035 jay@annapolisrigging.com

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
my traveler since the screw on one side seized and cannot unscrew it to properly attach the traveler line.
Can you post a picture of the issue? Be terrible to spend the money for a new traveler if there is a fix. Or maybe you just want a new and modern traveler. That would be cool.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Attached is a photo of the port side traveler. The seized bolt is the inner one where the traveler line eye would normally be attached. I tried penetrating oil under the bolt head without success. Bolt head softened and is now stripped. I resolved the issue by securing the traveler line as show. Traveler works fine. Since it is on the arch and I cannot see it, it will be out of sight and out of mine until drill the bolt and/or have the rigger in my marina attach it.

Attachments