Changing the zinc

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Charlie Allen

I do understand that I should be checking a zinc pencil on my Universal 35 engine on a regular basis, but I don't know where it is or how to do it. The boat is a 1995, but is brand new to me and the engine manual doesn't help me here. I did buy a replacement zinc. I had expected that it was the bolt on the end of the heat exchanger, but that bolt looks to be a different size than my replacement zinc so I am unsure. I'd rather be told the answer than start taking things apart (for fear of not getting them back together right). Thanks, Charlie

C

Christopher VanOosterhout - Torresen

Changing the zinc - Zinc Location

Charlie, You will infact find the zinc located on the bottom (end) of the heat exchanger. This zinc is Universal part number 301068 (just to make sure the zinc you have is the correct one). There is a good picture of this in the Universal 35 parts manual (page 46). If you would like, I can email you a diagram showing the part location. The part numbers for the manuals related to this engine: M-35 Parts Manual - 200145 M-35 Service Manual - 200155 If you would like your own parts or service manual for future reference you may call Universal Direct at 231-759-8596 to obtain a copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.