Changing Centerboard Pendant Line on 245

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 20, 2010
Seidelmann 245 Somers Point, NJ
When we take our Seidelmann 245 out of the water we'd like to change the worn centerboard pendant line. I've read a few threads but the process does not seem clear. Any help from Seidelmann owners in regard to the process (is there an access port, is the centerboard completely removed), length of line needed, tools needed, is there a diagram available, and any tips? Thanks

Sep 18, 2009
Tartan 37 Classic 24 St Michaels
When we take our Seidelmann 245 out of the water we'd like to change the worn centerboard pendant line. I've read a few threads but the process does not seem clear. Any help from Seidelmann owners in regard to the process (is there an access port, is the centerboard completely removed), length of line needed, tools needed, is there a diagram available, and any tips? Thanks
There are no diagrams or drawings I know of. The pennant goes through the compression tube over a block to the top trailing edge of the board. It would be wise to remove the stainless compression post (mast down) and check the block and bottom of the compression post for crevice corrosion. The board pin is stainless steel driven thru a bored hole in the lead keel held in place if memory serves by just peening the lead enough to ensure it stays in place. Grinding the area of the keel where the pin is located will expose the pin, drive it out and replace with new. Feel free to PM or call me if you need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.