Challenger 24 :Lead Block/Hardware for Furler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2012
Columbi 24 Poughkeepsie
Could use some help in laying out and purchasing furling hardware for my Challenger. I just bought a 135 genoa system with a 3/8 cored line.

Figure to use a stanchion block for the first block off the furler then going back I am confused

as to whether i should use another regular block or a farilead into a ratchet block...and then

what do i cleat it down with

would like to hear a simple plan with possibly actual hardware specified ...cause I'm quite

rusty when it comes to picking hardware (scuse the pun)

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
I can't help with specifics but suspect there are a few alternatives you could use. If you are asking for ideas, you can browse the Harken catalog online for descriptions and pictures and then shop other mfgs and retailers for the best prices

Sep 15, 2012
Columbi 24 Poughkeepsie
I can't help with specifics but suspect there are a few alternatives you could use. If you are asking for ideas, you can browse the Harken catalog online for descriptions and pictures and then shop other mfgs and retailers for the best prices

thanks for the response...

the last time i bought hardware there were no roller furling jibs and i find that when i browse the catalogues i see endless possibilities but no answers....was hoping someone with a similar boat and a layout that is working could guide me a bit more

Status
Not open for further replies.