chain plates

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dan Geltmacher

While cleaning up a bit, I found the top starboard shroud chain plate (middle one) to be cracked around the clevis pin hole. These things look like they're custom made. If so does anyone have any ideas where I should look for a replacement source? Hawaii Illusions

R

Rick Webb

A.L. Kilgo's

I am not sure they would have it but I was wondering if they were even still there.

D

Dan Geltmacher

kilgos

Kilgos is still here, on the sand island acess road. But no joy there on chain plates Dan

R

Rick Webb

Oh well

It is always a fun place to walk through I wonder how much it has changed since I was last there twenty years ago

R

Royce

I have a 76 h30 and I had to replace 2 of my chain plates. I made the replacements myself. The original ones were made from 3/16 thick X 1.5" flat strap with a bushing welded in on one end. I made new ones from 1/4 X 1.5" flat strap. If you remove your chain plate, any machine shop should be able to fabricate a new one for you.

D

Dan Geltmacher

kilgos

Well now since I've only been here since 94 (USMC) can't say what it looked like then, but I can say, it's still a fun, and hard place to walk out of (with all your money). They have everything for whatever except custom made chain plates for '81 H 30s. It's a big store one of the old warhouses I think. Take care Hawaii Dan Illusions

Status
Not open for further replies.