Central gulf coast Florida diy marina recommendation

Jul 24, 2006
Legnos, Starwind, Regal Mystic 30 cutter, 22 trailer sailor, bow rider NEW PORT RICHEY, FL
Bought a boat up in Massachusetts, had it hastily moved out of owners yard. It sits in frigid Quincy, MA
i want/need it down here by me to go over it before launch. Does any one have a recommendation for a boat yard along the gulf coast from St Pete to Weekiwachi that is reasonable for doing your own repairs and can launch a 30 ft, 9500# sailboat. With dockage too? I live in New Port Richey, FL Thanks. I am thinking up near Spring Hill be the cheapest and closest? thanks

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
They may be farther away but we have 2 great DIY yards in Port Charlotte Fl.
Charlotte Harbor boat yard & All American yard.
Nick

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
They use to do a lot of that at both Ross Yacht and Clearwater Bay Marine Ways, both in Clearwater. I think Ross does mostly sales now and CBMW is mostly dockage. Nowhere is what I would consider cheap.

There may be some little mom and pop marinas up around Homosassa, if you don't draw too much water.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
They may be farther away but we have 2 great DIY yards in Port Charlotte Fl.
Charlotte Harbor boat yard & All American yard.
Nick
These yards are doable, if the boat can be delivered to one of them. They sit on a fresh water canal system that leads to a lock, and then into Charlotte Harbor. Sail down the bay, out Boca Grande Inlet, and up the coast to New Port Richey, or turn right behind Gasparilla Island, and motor up the ICW to Tampa Bay. Charlotte Harbor boat yard is more of a short term DIY yard, usually full of long distance cruisers. All American is more of a storage yard, but they do permit DIY projects.

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
Yeah. Salt Creek Boat Works in St. Pete. I did some DIY work there in the 1990’s. They also decommissioned my Pearson 30 and shipped it to CA for me in 1998. Travel lift can put the boat about anywhere in their yard, etc. I reckon they are still in operation.