Center Board Cable 1975 O'Day 25

Aug 13, 2021
O'Day 25 Hampton River
My cable to the center board has broke and i am un able to lift the center board. my boat is docked here at home,
is there a simple solution, are does the boat need to be pulled? your help and advice are greatly appreciated.
also is there anywhere i can down load the original owners manual?

Aug 13, 2021
O'Day 25 Hampton River
Do an internet search on "O'Day owner's manual" and you will find links to free downloads and ones to purchase from heartodays.

Can you dive your sailboat and retract your centerboard to access your line connected to it, then re-thread a new line?

Aug 13, 2021
O'Day 25 Hampton River
I don’t think that can work for me, I may try to motor around the corner and just lift it out and clean and inspect the bottom?

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Can you drop a fishing weight attached to fishing line down the pendant tube, attach a new pendant line to the fishing line and feed it down the tube, swim under the boat, grab the end out of the centerboard trunk then attach the new pendant line to the centerboard end?

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021
O'Day 25 Hampton River
Can you drop a fishing weight attached to fishing line down the pendant tube, attach a new pendant line to the fishing line and feed it down the tube, swim under the boat, grab the end out of the centerboard trunk then attach the new pendant line to the centerboard end?
Thank you, I think I am going to pull the boat and make sure it is fixed properly, I also need to clean the bottom and inspect the bottom.

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
You'll have less than 20 minutes to clean the bottom before all the growth dries up. Most yards use a power washer. If it's still wet a mop works

Aug 13, 2021
O'Day 25 Hampton River
You'll have less than 20 minutes to clean the bottom before all the growth dries up. Most yards use a power washer. If it's still wet a mop works
H
Hey, you were correct, they power sprayed the bottom immediately,. The Boat appears to be very solid. Few days and a couple projects and back in the water.