CDI Flexible furler

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joel McManus

I am a new owner of a MAC 26 and would like to add a headsail furler to my boat. I understand that CDI makes a good reefing/ furler. What are other MAC owners experience with the CDI product? I understand that I will have to send my headsail to Doyle for installation of the luff tape and soem UV protection. The cost of the CDI flexible furler and the sail mods looks like a total bill of $700-$800. Does that sound right? Any help would be appreciated.

F

Freeman J. Rogers

Great Product

I have had a CDI furler installed on my 1997 MacGregor since it was new. It has been trouble free and a GREAT product. Even better then CDI's Products is their Customer Service. I have never delt with a company that was so willing to please and make sure the customer is happy. Just this past month I requested a price on a new Halyard, to my surprise I recived one within four days in the mail free of charge. Due to the price, quality, and Customer service, you can't go wrong with a CDI Furler. Sincerely, F.J. Rogers fjrogers@juno.com

B

Bob Cassel

I've got a CDI, Great Item

I've got one on my 26S. Easy to install, reliable as all get out and simple construction. You may want to reconsider sending the sail to Doyle. Almost any sail loft should be able to adapt that sail for you. Give Havencraft, Minneys or SailCare a call, or check out a local loft. If things are slow, or you can wait, maybe they can cut you a deal. The CDI should run you about $300 - $350, check around, I found my best deal for the furler at JSI/Sailnet (sailnet.com), the forestay I got from Havencraft when I got a 150 genny from them. I got it all, installed for under $1000, all new.

S

stan wainwright

headsail furling choices

Superfurl (superfurl@aol.com) has a headsail furling system with an aluminum foil and requires no modifications, not even luff tape, for about $800 - $900. They re snailmailing me a video and all instructions. Check it out. I am stan on piZazz at wainwris@musc.edu or stanley_e_wainwright@yahoo.com. Also,look into the Shaefer Snapfurl. Everyone is going CDI but Shaefer was a best buy in Practical Sailor 4/15/2000

S

stan wainwright

Jerks

I was just trying to help a fellow sailor, not sell him anything. Stan (wainwris@musc.edu)

Status
Not open for further replies.