CB line

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeff Rothman

I keep hearing talk about a wire for the centerboard lift. My 1981 O'Day 19 has 3/8" braid with a knot tied in the end at the CB. Is this correct and if it's not, please describe the correct rigging so I can make it right. Thanx

J

Justin - O'day Owners' Web

What boat is it?

Jeff - Which boat do you have? Is it a Rhodes 19 or a Mariner? What is the board made of? To my knowledge, all O'day built Rhodes 19's and Mariners had 130 pound steel centerboards controlled with wire. It is possible that your centerboard pennant broke or was in danger of breaking and that the owner at the time replaced it with rope. Its also possible O'day did it originally on some (most?) boats. On your boat I'd want to check out the pennant attachment point, but I'm not sure I would concerned with the material of the line. As long as it isn't chaffing through and isn't binding, you should be ok. Justin - O'day Owners' Web

M

mike spikoski

i have a 1980 o'day 19 sounds like the same setup, braided line tied off in a knot . raised and lowered and tied off to a cleat at the front of the cockpit. i have not had a problem mike

Status
Not open for further replies.