Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37 C sloop Punta Gorda FL
We have a cell phone "hot
Spot". 4 bars currently in Pelican bay.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
The restaurant at Cabbage Key is very nice. Old world Florida charm. If you plan on going its best to call and make reservation.
Look for my dollar bill on the wall in the bar (heh, heh....there are hundreds!) .... "Joe F was here, Sept 29, 1980."

Actually, that place is quite famous in Florida.... When I was there a Florida travel show was filming on Cabbage Key... they cruised around in a large ketch.... from Pensacola to Key West. Anyhow, my friends and I were in the bar....the camera crew came in and..... voila! we made the show when it was aired a few weeks later... I met some great people there....

Jan 22, 2008
here you go Sumner

Hey that is cheating :). Upload a picture and make us jealous ;). Wish we were there,
Sum
Bunch of PGSC ladies at Christmas eve dinner. Note MAC 26 upper right. No mast, Permanent enclosure, hard glass/aluminum framed windshield.

Attachments

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country

Better Photo of the mac 26
Thanks. I've never seen that boat before. It is an X (power-sailer model). They have come down quite a bit in price over the last couple years as they are getting older (first made in '94 or '95) and have been replaced by the M.

Since you can pick one up pretty inexpensively, especially if it had a damaged mast, more people are converting them into more or less trawlers. They have a lot of room below for 26 feet and are easy to trailer. For the right person they can make a decent little go anywhere boat (less than 18 inches of draft) and get 10 mpg or more with a smaller motor if you aren't interested in getting up on plane. You can mount 2 motors also which gives you the option for high and low speed.

Some of the the other Mac guys will appreciate the picture also,

Sum

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]============================[/FONT]

Our Endeavour 37

Our MacGregor 26-S Pages

Our Trips to Utah, Idaho, Canada, Florida

Mac-Venture Links

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
Hope to be in CC next week end 5 -7 jan. Can't wait to get out on the boat and try out the iPad

Jan 22, 2008
Eat your heart out. We are there now. Great rain. No serious leaks. Jerry poquette came in during the storm Will go see him tomorrow

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
You moving to Matlache for New Years? Seems like there will be a group at anchor there.

Jan 22, 2008
Yes. Staying here at Cayo Costa till Sunday, then move to Matlache. For
New Year's Eve at Bert's Bar. See you there?

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
No, we were going to have a small dinner party here but it just keeps growing and growing. We are taking in "strays" who have no where to go. Good luck at Bert's. We love the place. Best description I ever heard was, "The bouncer checks you for a gun and if you don't have one they loan you one." Here in Florida that's probably true. Happy New Year and keep your hands off that winch.

Jan 22, 2008
Happy New Year. See you at
The club meeting on the 9th if not before.

Status
Not open for further replies.