Catalina warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2009
Catalina 30 Lake Perry, KS
Did a Google search for Catalina Yachts and there was a warning about the site being unsafe. Also come up when going to Catalina site directly. Anybody ware of what the isue is?

caguy

Sep 22, 2006
Catalina, Luger C-27, Adventure 30 Marina del Rey
Ominous isn't it. How does the saying go, "I wouldn't even touch that with your puter!" :eek:

gpd955

Feb 22, 2006
Catalina 310 Cape May, NJ
Same thing via mobile. If you search with Bing, the warning doesn't come up and it goes straight to site.

Attachments

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Has anyone considered emailing CY? I rarely go to their page since they removed any and all information about their previous models. Ridiculous.

gpd955

Feb 22, 2006
Catalina 310 Cape May, NJ
I did. Sent them a copy of the picture from my iPhone.

Dec 11, 2008
catalina C27 stillwater
Recent traffic on their Facebook page says they were hacked recently and infected, but the website provider/host/whoever, (I am not an IT guy) says the site is clean, and that the warning is a latent Google thing that will disappear once Google swees the site has been "sanitized"

Here is a quote from their FB page yesterday:

Here's a statement from Catalina's web provider dated Monday August 6, 2012 Time 11:00am

Ron,
Due to the attacks on your website, they ran into this information. We have been clearing the malware off, and resetting the website after each attempt.attacker from future access.
Google has a protection scheme that most people aren't aware of. If their servers detect any malware on a site when preloa... ding a cache of the site, it will pop up a warning. This automatically goes away after they pull it up a couple of times afterward, with no malware. This happens in multiple browsers. People aren't aware that their browser is going to Google BEFORE going to the website that they typed in, even if they didn't search for anything.
As of this morning, the website is still clear.

George Ackerman
System Administrator
Interserve Internet Services, Inc.
941-366-7823
www.Interservent.com

mortyd

Dec 11, 2004
Catalina 30 easy living
you worried guys remember gaslight, horse carriages and telephones?

Status
Not open for further replies.