Catalina Row

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
Catalina's are popular here at the Town River YC in Quincy, Mass. On the left is a C320, in the middle is our C310 and on the right is a C350.

Attachments

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
That's funny. I was wondering if you were one of those Catalinas. We are friends with the couple who have the Freedom 30 on the corner of Captain's Cove, right next to you. (They are out cruising Maine right now but are normally next to the trawler McBean).

There is a similar Catalina row over at Steamboat Warf but they are all big boats (a 400, 42 and 470).

Fair winds,

Jesse

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
We really like this area, Jesse. Give us a shout next time you are around.

Bob S

Sep 27, 2007
Beneteau 393 New Bedford, MA
Took my Coast Guard Auxiliary course there. Met an Irishman that was just starting out the same time I was. He's a member there but I can't remember his name but do remember his thick accent . My grandfather was a member there for 30+ years 50's - 70's! A long way out to open ocean!

BTW good lookin sterns ;)

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
Great bunch of people here, Bob, who work hard to keep the club running smoothly. It is indeed a long run to the open ocean, but usually a sail across Hingham Bay makes a nice trip in itself. The all around protection we enjoy in Town River makes the long ride worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.