Catalina Factory in Florida hit by Hurricane this month

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
It was an EF 1 tornado last week which damaged a lot of buildings. While I understand the focus here on Catalina, there were far more important structures damaged including a hospital, school, assisted living facilities, etc...

Jul 12, 2011
Leopard 40 Jupiter, Florida
So not a "hurricane", which we would have heard of, particularly in December. Sorry for their insurance company's loss, and grateful that no humans were hurt.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
When my (first) wife went to journalism school, any paper you turned in or story you wrote that contained a factual error meant an automatic "F" for that assignment. Wish it were that way now.

A hurricane. Wow. Just, wow. :yikes:

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
When my (first) wife went to journalism school, any paper you turned in or story you wrote that contained a factual error meant an automatic "F" for that assignment. Wish it were that way now.

A hurricane. Wow. Just, wow. :yikes:
Very true. When I took journalism in college, many, many years ago, it was "facts, just the facts". Now they print whatever they want without consequences.
Hurricane or tornado? As Martin in Capt. Ron would say "HUGE difference!".:banghead:

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
Wow that's a lot of damage. Glad no one is hurt. I think late model Catalinas are going to jump in price in the next few months because of this