Catalina 35 vs. Hunter 356

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mark

Catalina 350

Chic Lasser: I could not find your review of the Catalina 350 in Sailnet.net. I would appreciate if you specified exactly, how to find the review about the 350. thank you, mark

M

Mark

catalina350

I just found the review on the 350's I had seen the 350 at the Boat Show in Miami Beach. Although, there were a few negative features to the boat, the positive aspects outweigh the negative by a great deal. I just recently sold my Catlina36 for almost the same price that I had purhased it 3 years ago. I am now waiting anxiuosly for my 350 which I purchased. P.S. The 36 is an excellent boat too!! It sails beautifully. I wanted to get a bigger boat but when I saw the 350 I decided to go with it. Good luck with whatever choice you make-You'll be happy with either one.

T

Tom

Bill of Seattle...There is a place to put the seat

for the helm. If you look closely there are 2 notches in the bottom of that fiberglass seat. Those 2 notches hook perfectly over the lifelines (at least it does on my C36) and will rest there perfectly. If you really want to ensure that it stays put, then wrap a bungee cord around it hooking to the life lines. But one thing I really like about the walkthrough transom ladder is that it is so wide and goes way down into the water. That makes it very easy for anyone, even the smallest child, to get into and out of the water. Chic L. thats funny what you said about the C350 and loving the C36. Thats why Catalina is making both, because there are people out there that just want their boats set up different. I must admit to being jealous of the small refinements on the newer designed C350

T

Trevor

350 vs 356 - Bill of Jacksonville

Bill, it would be interesting to post the same message on www.hunterowners.com and see what Hunter owners have to say.... P.S. I love my C36, but like the interior of the H-356 better than the C-350. As far as I'm concerned, it's the old "different strokes for different folks".

T

Tom

Forgot to mention one thing the C36 has over both

the C350 and the H356. Its the *HUGE* bed lounge area that can be formed forward of the galley and aft of the head on the Port side. The main table on the C36 can be put down and cushions placed to create a great lounging crash area to relax/watch TV, etc on the boat. It's like a queen sized bed. My girlfreind and I just got back from a weeks cruise and we never lifted the table and left this "crash pad" in place. It was great..... Not a sailing thing....but I really liked it.....

B

Bob Roth

C-350 Has that too

Tom: The 350 also has the conversion for a very big double in the main cabin behind the head area. It is a $400.00 option, but nonethelass is still available. Two support posts take the place of the posts used to support the dineete tables to hold the larger dinette table even with the setee. The large dinette table and bed cushion placed on top of it make for one heck of a "crash pad".

C

Chic Lasser

350 Review

Check out this website http://members.sailnet.com/messageboard/frameset.cfm?redirect=viewtopic.cfm?ForumID=3 chic Lasser

Status
Not open for further replies.