Catalina 34 genoa car size

Apr 15, 2018
catalina 34 Bluewater Bay Marina Niceville
The sheeves in our gennoa car are shot. What is the width of the gennoa track? I think that is all I need to know to order new ones.
Thanks.

Apr 15, 2018
I guess I still need help. The parts dept. at Catalina said 1" but they sure looked larger than that to me. Unfortunately I am in Nebraska and the boat is in the Florida panhandle. Anyone else measure them lately?
Thanks.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
I'd take Stu's word for it. MaYbe someone is reading the actual track width, while others are reading the base width? Hurry back from Florida- before the next hurricane :)

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Thanks, Ron.

For the OP, I've owned my C34 for 21 years and please note my signature. But whadda I know...? :)

Tell ya what: Call Garhauer and ask them...:)

This is my spreadsheet of boat parts from when I bought my last jib sheet cars/fairleads:

Blocks: jib fairlead forward
19-Apr-08​
Garhauer
$130.00​
forward car LLC-2 1 1/4 track 3000 lb.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018
Thanks a lot! It's hard to maintain a boat from across the country. We are joining the Bluewater Bay Sailing Club out of Niceville FL on a week cruise in October if there are no hurricaines then!

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Those LLC-2 LL cars are nice. I just put them on my C30. Garhauer makes them for 1" track if asked. CD has them for the same price.