Catalina 34 dodger

Aug 30, 2010
Catalina 30 Seaside Park, NJ
I'm considering replacing my dodger on my Catalina 34. Does anyone have any general idea on what the cost should be?

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Shop around, you should be able to find a local canvas shop to build you a custom, xlnt quality dodger for $3500 - 4000. Stainless steel frame with welded grab bar across the back, high quality isinglas windows with protective canvas covers, detachable side panels, synthetic edge liner(not leather), UV proof thread, custom fit and installation, etc.

If you have the shop just duplicate the old cover and use the same frame, it will reduce the cost considerable. But you still want the craftsman to fit and install it.... that'll make it easier to guarantee you get what you want.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Welcome to the forum!!

Joe has the cost about right............I would budget $5,000 minimum and depends on window glass material, window covers or not and if so padded or non padded window covers.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Are you just replacing the canvas or do you need a new frame?

Most of the responses seem to indicate you need a new frame too...

Grg

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
The budget cost I quoted above assumed NO NEW FRAME based on my experience 2 years ago for my Hunter 46

Jan 19, 2010
Catalina 34 Casco Bay
I'm considering replacing my dodger on my Catalina 34. Does anyone have any general idea on what the cost should be?
This was a thread a few weeks ago. Here is link that I thought outstanding...

They will make a direct copy of your dodger..

Rick

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD

Reiner

Jan 26, 2020
Catalina 320 Wynum Manly Yacht Club
I would rather look at their work first and go from there. Im in Australia and lucky enough to know a good canvas man for nearly 20 years. He is by all means not the cheapest but his work is fantastic.