Catalina 315 Plumbing Schematic

doaker

Jul 12, 2022
catalina 315 oxford md
I have a 2015 Catalina 315 and I’m trying to figure out where the kitchen sink and bathroom drain. I’m assuming it doesn’t go into a grey water tank but rather below the waterline.

Also my shower sump, which used to work seems to have conked out. What I turn it on, it doesn’t make noise so I’m guessing the motor is blown.
If someone has a map of the plumbing schematic, I’d greatly appreciate a share. Brian

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
Sink drains almost always go straight down to a thru hull and out on Catalinas and there is a circuit breaker on the electrical panel as well as the switch in the head for the shower sump pump.

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
Even with a schematic there's no guarantee that Catalina actually installed things that way. On the C310 I know of at least three different plumbing arrangements from the factory. You really have to just track the hoses yourself.

Jan 23, 2021
Catalina 315 81 Newport Beach
315 Plumbing Schematic.jpg

Here is the schematic. The galley sink should drain to a thru-hull that is located under the settee, next to the hot water heater (there also should be a separate thru-hull for the holding tank there, too). The head sink should drain to a thru-hull located in the cabinet under the sink (there also should be separate a thru-hull for the shower sump pump there, too).

At least on our 2022 315, there is a circuit breaker for the shower sump pump on the electrical panel. There is a switch to operate the sump pump on the forward edge of the sink cabinet, below the counter and above the hatch where the thru-hulls are.

Good luck!

Aug 21, 2019
Catalina 315 18 Grosse Pointe Park, MI
Skipper John's diagram matches the one in my 2013 C315's manual. It matches my setup, except that I do not have a macerator. I also have a breaker switch for the shower sump.

Last edited:

doaker

Jul 12, 2022
catalina 315 oxford md
Skipper John's diagram matches the one in my 2013 C315's manual. It matches my setup, except that I do not have a macerator. I also have a breaker switch for the shower sump.
Thank you all very much!