Catalina 310 Mattress Replacement

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina 310 77 Atlantic Highlands NJ NJ
Has anyone replaced the original forward berth mattress on a 310? If you didn't buy the same kind, what did you replace it with?
Thanks
Jack

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
Has anyone replaced the original forward berth mattress on a 310? If you didn't buy the same kind, what did you replace it with?
Thanks
Jack
I talked to Catalina Yachts and got a quote for a replacement. Not cheap. Decided to stick with the existing one.

Jan 17, 2013
Catalina 310 St. Simons Island, GA
We looked into this quite a bit and there was no reasonable solution for a replacement mattress. So we finally tried a Lucid 2" gel infused memory foam topper that cost $60-70 (queen size). We cut it with scissors and it is perfect. Solved our problem and we even bought a 3" version for our bed at home and love that too. Highly recommended.

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
Since we are on mattress ideas, my wife asked about sheets and what to buy, any recommendations?

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
We started out with just Queen size sheets, this year she has purchased the Fitted sheets but we have not tried them out.
Curt Sawyer also has fitted sheets he may chime in!

leo310

Dec 15, 2006
Catalina 310 44 Campbell River BC
For us we gave the mattress to a Mattress maker in town as a template as for the sheets we us queen size with tarp holders and buggees too hold it in place.

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
Since we are on mattress ideas, my wife asked about sheets and what to buy, any recommendations?
I took measurements and sewed a set of sheets to fit, including a comforter . Worked great, very comfortable. I could probably find the measurements, if anyone’s interested.

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
We just replaced our mattress this weekend. We ordered a latex queen mattress from the Foam Factory. It's about 6 inches thick. We put the old mattress on top, traced out the rough shape. Then cut it with an electric carving knife. The cuts weren't pretty but you put it in a zipped cover so it wasn't noticable.

The original mattress is tapered to follow the hull. We didn't do this so we can flip the matress.

We had a 1.5 inch memory foam topper, so we kept that as well. It was great. Slept very well last night.

Attachments

Dec 5, 2010
Beneteau 331 0 Niceville FL
Thanks
Jack
We took the old one to a local mattress factory and they used it as a template to make us a really nice replacement... Fox Matress in Holly Hill FL. We are very happy with our memory foam mattress in the house so we may go that route if we ever need to change the boat mattress again.

Good luck

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
We took the old one to a local mattress factory and they used it as a template to make us a really nice replacement... Fox Matress in Holly Hill FL. We are very happy with our memory foam mattress in the house so we may go that route if we ever need to change the boat mattress again.

Good luck
Just do some research on memory foam vs. latex foam. Down here in the Caribbean most avoid memory foam. It's heat activated and reflects much more heat.

Dec 16, 2011
Catalina 310 Atlantic Highlands
Curt Sawyer also has fitted sheets he may chime in!
Originally I was just using King Sheets from Target for both berths, but they were cheap and my wife and kids hated them and never wanted to sleep on the boat because of the poor quality. So I bit the bullet and ordered them from Catalina. They were quite expensive, but the family loves them. I think now you can get them for less from Catalina Direct. I'm not sure that was an option when I got mine 4 or so years ago.