Catalina 310 mast/deck wiring interface

Apr 10, 2010
Catalina 310 166 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
2002 Catalina 310, #166, in mast furling. Need to add some mast wiring for AIS, loudspeaker, etc. Mast is easy to work need information on how the wiring enters the interior from the mast step on deck. Also I believe wiring goes to starboard side then back aft along and under the headliner extension with the wood trim. How do I access these areas to do the wire placement without destroying headliner or starboard wire channels, or defacing anything else in the way?
If anyone out there has done this please advise on your experience and procedures. Thanks.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
That's the first time I've heard anyone say anything about a loudspreaker on their mast. I don't believe I ever heard one, either.

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
I'd run wires down the compression post to bilge or try to hide them along the sides.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Have you researched the owners ‘ two manuals schematic plans as I recall as a dealer now retired they were detailed? They are posted on this forum by going to boat info, Catalina resources, 310 and downloads. It has been a long time since being a dealer. The first 20 boats required a shim under the mast as it was required so the companionway cover would close smoother