Catalina 309, 2009. Steaming navigation light on mast, replacement bulb

Jul 22, 2015
Catalina 309 Port Washington, NY
Does anyone know the replacement bulb size or part number for the steaming navigation light on forward part of mast? Having some new electronics fitted to top of mast and figure this is good time to change out the bulb since will already be up on the mast.
If you have the anchor light bulb size, would also appreciate as I might as well change that out as well at same time.

If there is a replacement LED bulb that fits that might be referable since they last longer than I will. I hear the LED bulbs are more prone to lightning strike but then if I'm that unlucky, a light bulb will be least of my trouble. Was already hit once on another boat.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I spent the last 5 months restoring my mast. Did all new lights. Used an AquSignal series 25 for steaming/foredeck both are LED's now. Explore bulbs in SBO shop or Dr Led. Tell them your light maker and they can help id a matching LED bulb.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
John's right. YOU need to know what fixture you have, don't depend on others with the same boat. Catalina mixed Forespar and Aqua Signal fixtures on our boats outta the factory. Get a pair of binoculars and go look at a WM or Defender catalog to see what you have first. It's easy 'cuz they look different from the outside.

Good luck.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
John's right. YOU need to know what fixture you have, don't depend on others with the same boat. Catalina mixed Forespar and Aqua Signal fixtures on our boats outta the factory. Get a pair of binoculars and go look at a WM or Defender catalog to see what you have first. It's easy 'cuz they look different from the outside.

Good luck.