Catalina 30, MKII main sheet routing

Sep 19, 2016
Catalina 30 Port Sanilac
Anyone have any photos or diagrams for a 1992 Tall Rig? I stepped the mast this year to do some work and can't remember how to route the main sheet through the blocks :doh:
Thanks!

Nov 14, 2013
Catalina 30 MkI 1983 TRBS Westbrook, CT
Anyone have any photos or diagrams for a 1992 Tall Rig? I stepped the mast this year to do some work and can't remember how to route the main sheet through the blocks :doh:
Thanks!
Owner's manual might not help, the one I have does not show the main sheet routing, but this page from the part's manual might help.

Attachments

Sep 19, 2016
Catalina 30 Port Sanilac
I got it but it needs some fine tuning. The sheet runs over the Vang and isn't a clean enough set up IMHO. I'll keep at it...the previous owner maintained the boat well but there are some rigging decisions he made that have me scratching my head.

Nov 15, 2014
Catalina 30T 5830 Green Bay
See attached pic. My 1990 TR. Note: not sure why the line is hanging loose below where it terminates at the pulley Becker with a bowline knot. I probably just hadn't pulled all the slack out.

Main sheet does run past/over the upper vang block as freeheelbillie noted. But I have [HAVE NOT] seen any wear or cause for concern there.

Attachments

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2016
Catalina 30 Port Sanilac
Dialed in now, got rid of the blocks routing the sheet from the boom to the deck and replaced with low friction rings. Super clean set up, but was not able to completely remove the slight chafing of the main sheet on the upper section of the vang. All good though...quite and clean looking.