Catalina 28 wing width

Jun 3, 2020
Catalina 28 WCSC
Hello all, do any of you happen to have an accurate dimension on the width of the wing on the wing keel Catalina 28? I’m trying to make sure there won’t be any interference on the trailer I plan to use to haul her out with. I can always go for a swim, but thought I’d check here first. Thanks!

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Since there is no need to dive, you can check Yachtworld for Catalina 28s that are on the hard. Then extrapulate based on visual measurement. That is until you get a real answer.

From what I see here (photo 6) the width of the wing appears to be equal or slightly more than the draft of the keel. So that should give you a good starting point.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Do you not have a C28 manual? Catalina usually has pretty good line drawings in their manuals. Also, Catalina Yachts has all the old brochures online in the archived brochures section, which usually show the outlines of both types of keels pretty much to scale.

Jun 3, 2020
Catalina 28 WCSC
Unfortunately I do not have the manual. I was able to find the brochures online, but the one I saw did not show the wing in profile

Do you not have a C28 manual? Catalina usually has pretty good line drawings in their manuals. Also, Catalina Yachts has all the old brochures online in the archived brochures section, which usually show the outlines of both types of keels pretty much to scale.