Catalina 28 MKII Shore Power

Mar 31, 2021
Catalina 28 MKII Westbrook CT
Hello -- we're brand new to Catalina and sailing. First of many dumb questions: where is the Shorepower receptacle on the boat? We know it has it, and have shore power cable, but need to find where it attaches. Any help is welcome! Ours is a 1996 Catalina MKII.
Thanks!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Hello and welcome @herbesco. Congrats on the new boat. Getting a boat can be a chore, discovering all the features is a treasure hunt. Think Easter egg hunt on steroids.

As Calif Ted shared it is usually located facing outwards on one of the sides near the cockpit. It would likely have a round metal cover you twist off to reveal the plug. It also could be plastic.

You stated that the boat is a 1996 so was owned by someone before you. Previous Owners some times in a moment of wisdom change the boat. That is why I suggest the treasure hunt. Just start opening everything you see. Record what you find and where you find it so you can put it back until you decide to give it a new special place on Your Boat.

Good luck and have fun.

Mar 31, 2021
Catalina 28 MKII Westbrook CT
Great -- thanks! First forum post already proved fruitful! Unfortunately previous owner passed away, but marina staff are familiar with her and have been helpful. But I agree -- there is a lot to yet discover.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
The Catalina quarterly Mainsheet magazine lists a C28 owners association at www.catalina28.net, although I can't connect to it. You might try Google.

If you don't have the manual for the boat, I'd Google for that, too. Most association owners websites have boat manuals.

The tech editor is listed as: Ken Cox, cox@sbcglobal.net. Contact him.

Good luck, nice boat, they packed a lot of big boat features in your vessel.

Tsuru

Sep 4, 2019
Oyster 435 Hood River
Good adivce, as usual from Stu. On our 91 Mk1 the shore power connected on the stern port side. Visable here as the Orange plug lower left of this photo. The Catalina 28 is a wonderful boat, enjoy.
Ray
_DSC4185 2.jpeg