Catalina 275 Purchase

May 12, 2020
Catalina 275 Sport 31 Quincy Bay
Hi Everyone,

Back in December I posted a question about where to get a Catalina 275. As everyone knows, they are in short supply. Fortunately, SteveLKN saw my post and DM'd me, offering to sell his 2016 Catalina 275 (hull number 31) to me. After weeks of logistics (a trip to NC to view the boat, finding a surveyor, lining up transport, coordinating boat haul out, etc...) I am happy to report that I am the new proud owner of this boat and it's currently on the hard in Quincy, MA awaiting launch in May. It was great connecting with SteveLKN and I look forward to sharing my adventures in Boston Harbor with him this summer!

Funny story: In mid-February, I traveled to NC to see the boat and arranged for the surveyor to meet up with us. Turns out, we are all named 'Steve' (see pic below) which I took to be a good sign:)
D4A80BAC-81AA-40EC-9289-37828E620E2B.JPG

Here's a pic of the boat:
1783D0DB-B223-4366-AB96-46A771E3A37F.JPG

I also want to give a nod to Sailors Moving Sailors. I found out about this transport company on this site and Derek (the owner) was great to work with - he took exceptional care of the boat.