Catalina 27 used sails

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 26, 2006
- - -
Hello everyone, looking for used sails that are in good shape. Main and Genoa 150%. Anybody wanting to unload.

Or a site that sells ew-conditioned sails.

Thanks

Jun 2, 2004
Catalina 30 Mk II Charlevoix, MI
Rick, I have a 155 and a jib (110 or 130?) in my basement. I recall them to be somewhat stretched, but certainly not worn out. They were cleaned before being put into storage. So they're pretty white, with slight graying. They are original Catalina sails, used for daysailing and no racing. Used 10 yrs in short Michigan summers. I upgraded to more performance cruising/racing sails. Then, I sold the boat with the newer sails, but I still have the sails in my basement. I already sold the mains'l. I am in Michigan. The sails could be reconditioned if you wanted to do that, but you could try them as is first, of course.

Oct 18, 2008
Young Sun 35 Little Current
We have just Bought an '86 twenty seven foot Catalina and have her In a marina in Florida - we live I'n Canada. We are very pleased with a boat with new diesel and redone bottom, but we don't have specs, could someone help? Sally

Oct 13, 2008
catalina 27T jamesport
Do you have a standard or tall rig? I have a good condition 150 roller furling genoa for a c27 tall rig that I am selling.

Apr 8, 2011
Hunter 40 Deale, MD
Full set of used sails for Catalina 27 standard rig

I have a full set of used but serviceable sails for a Catalina 27 sailboat. The boat they were on is a 1974 Catalina 27 standard rig. The main looks to be standard sized; I BELIEVE the jib to be a 135, but I didn't buy it new so I can't be sure. Nonetheless, while both are showing their age they ARE both serviceable and sailed the Catalina 27 on the Chesapeake Bay just fine for me for a couple of years before I replaced them. They come neatly rolled up, each in their own sailbag. Neither has any rips or tear that I can see. The genoa was used on an old track furler. Getting it set up for your particular boat would likely only require a quick trip to a sail loft. I live in Northern VA, and the boat is in ShadySide, MD, so I would be happy to show the sails in either location.

I'd be looking for around $650 for both. If you check out the consignment shops in the area you'll see these are competitively priced. Shipping would be at actual cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.