catalina 250: replacing antifouling coat and boat stand rig

May 11, 2019
Catalina 250 Lac des Deux montagnes mooring
I have a catalina 250 with ballast and swing keel. I intend to sand the old antifouling coat only and then apply a new coat.
I have been told that this could be a long, hard and messy job. I intend to hire a professional which will use sandblasting. What kind of care should I ask for? This professional seems to have experience with boat hulls. Is there any critical issue related to sandblasting?
I have bough a Bosch 1250DEVS 6-1/2-Amp 6-Inch Random Orbit Sander with Vacuum Port, but the reports by those who have done the hole job are rather depressing. Consolation is that I will be able to finish the job not done under the boat stands using 60 and 80 grit sandpaper at my pace.
I need to know where I should install the five boat stands, so to not force the boat hull. Should the heads of these boat stands have a minimum surface? Has the swing keel has to be completely down to do a good job at the painting time? Will five boat stand do the job? Should there be a boat stand near the swing keel in front on in the back of it?
Which type of antifouling would you suggest. Presently, I have the thick one over the hull. I imagine that this must have been the hard paint. Can I use the ablative on the catalina 250 hull?

Thanks for commenting.