Catalina 250 mast info and questions

Apr 27, 2022
O'Day 23 Alton, IL
Hello everybody. New Catalina owner here. I have 250wb with a damaged mast. A new mast is not an option financially. But I would like to get the boat sailing and I have access to every type of metalworking equipment there is pretty much at the shop where I work. I would like to repair the mast and I think it should be possible. I have heard of masts coming in two pieces from the factory and they ship them with an internal sleeve. If I could buy just one of those sleeves that would be a help. I don't know where to get one though. I don't know who the original manufacturer of the masts for these boats were. I know the later models had Selden masts, but mine is an earlier model, around hull #850 or so. If I could even find a profile of the mast that would be helpful for machining my own sleeve for it. The only other option would be to find a used mast or even a blank mast extrusion that I could cut to length and transfer the hardware over. But I haven't had any luck finding used masts for these boats. Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance!

Shortened version, I'm looking for info on any of the following things-
Where to find a used 250wb mast
Who the original manufacturer was of the earlier (pre-Selden mast) 250 masts
A profile drawing of the 250wb mast
Where to find a blank mast extrusion for a 250
What other boats would've used the same mast extrusion (same length or longer) that I could find used and modify