Catalina 22 Swing Keel - Found

Eleven

Feb 4, 2021
. . St Louis
Well, actually looking for a swing keel for a Beneteau 311/343 but Beneteau does not sell it nor has drawings. So the next best thing would be a Catalina 22 swing keel which is surprisingly similar in shape and weight.

Preference is for the cast iron version that looks similar to the drawing below. Does not need to have the pin / hole since I'll have to drill a bigger hole somewhere else.
Have searched Craigslist and some other sites with no luck. Aware that Catalina could sell a new one but trying the used part first.
I'm located near Jacksonville Florida so somewhere closer would be preferable.

Thank you so much
Glauco

Attachments

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
There are soooo many Catalina 22's out there. I think you cheapest option would be to find a badly neglected one with a decent keel and part it out.

Maybe put an ad on Craigs List looking for a "project boat" catalina 22. Someone has one on a trailer someplace... with the cockpit full of leaves and water and the cabin destroyed.... They might see your ad. Offer them $100 and when you are done, sell the trailer for $500.:biggrin:

Eleven

Feb 4, 2021
. . St Louis
Great idea, Will put an add on Craigs List and see what I can get. Thank you.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Last edited:

Eleven

Feb 4, 2021
. . St Louis
Thank you again sail sfbay. I have just sent a message to the gentleman that had two keels.
As getting a complete boat, getting rid of the other parts may become a bigger hassle than the issue I currently have so leaving it as plan B for now.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
As getting a complete boat, getting rid of the other parts may become a bigger hassle than the issue I currently have so leaving it as plan B for now.
Get a cordless sawzall and chop off the fiberglass around the good stuff (winches, cleats rails). The chop the rest of the hull into 1' squares and send it to the dump.

You can get $200 for the mast/boom/standing rigging... another $150 for the winches,... put the cleats, lights and other random hardware in a lot and sell that for $50. Save the hatches and get another $100 each for those...and last another $100 for the bow rail.

1630690508884.png

There is some guy out there who has a Catalina 22 that they love but need a part.... they will love you for it.

Edit: And don't forget the $800 for the trailer.

Eleven

Feb 4, 2021
. . St Louis
That sounds like a fun project rgranger. You do that and I'll buy the keel from you :)
Kidding aside, appreciate the input and will keep it as an option.