Catalina 22 Pop Top

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bugsboat

I am looking for a pattern to make a pop top cover for my 1990 Catalina 22. Does anyone have an old pop top cover that could be used for a pattern? I want the windows to open with screen. I am open to any suggestions!

B

Bugsboat

Help!

I have looked everywhere! Does anyone make the pop top enclosure for the Catalina 22 anymore? Hope someone out there has some ideas.

Jan 25, 2007
- - Great sacandaga
Poptop covers

Hello Bugs boat, You can try www. catalinadirect.com, go to the "store" click on sails and canvas, click on canvas. Part #D1638 is what you might be looking for. The price is $612.04 If you are only looking to keep some of the bugs out of your boat, yes some pun was intended, go to walmart and buy a bug screen type of cover that fits over a babys crib or a play pen....ooops sorry, play yard.....ooops sorry again, a self contained enviromental enclosure to keep our children safe from nature. You can also use that as the material to make your patteren. Throw it over your pop top, tape or pin it into the shape you want, figure out where you want to put the snaps to hold it down, measure and tape the areas for windows, zippers, ect. Then take it to several upholstery shops, such as boat, auto, or even the moms and pops shops. Feel them out to see who can do the best job for you, and maybe the cost would be lower than $612.04 Hope this helps. Take care, Jay

B

Bugsboat

Thanks Jay

Thanks for your info. I will look at Catalina Direct. My money is going into the boat, so I will have to continue my quest for a used cover, or make my own.

Ken

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 22 P. P. Y. C.
patio umbrella screen

You can also use a patio umbrella screen, if you have a bimini top it will cover it as well. Get the black easier to see though. You will find them on ebay.

davidf

Jul 26, 2005
Catalina 22 Wylie
I have one for a '76 model

It's pretty grungy but could probably be used as a pattern. I don't know how much the coachroof changed from '76 to '90 model though. I've never used it but it came with my boat.

Ken

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 22 P. P. Y. C.
difference

There is a difference between the early boat and the "new model" as much as the new model as the new "Mark II". There is a guy in Chattanooga who use to make screen top for the new model, when I ask him about making one for my boat "early model" he told me he has no pattern. Should Bugsboat be unable to use the top I would be interested in it for the pattern for the early boat. Please keep me in mind.

Ken

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 22 P. P. Y. C.
trade

Well work out something, lets take it off here, you can contact me at Viper_Tnatcomcastdotnet

B

bugsboat

Grungy is good

I do not care what it looks like! I am looking for a pattern at a good price. I am a good seamstress and can fix up most anything. I have made cushion covers for boats and and have a great sewing machine. You can contact me at bugsboat@yahoo.com. Thanks everyone!!!!!! J

Status
Not open for further replies.