Catalina 22’ MK II Bilge Delamination Stringer leak

Jun 25, 2022
Catalina 22’ MK II Motts Creek
I had some delamination in my bilge (at the lowest point next to bulk head) so chipped away the bad areas. I’ve been waiting for the area to dry out but keep finding small amounts of water (1 tsp per 6 hours?) coming from the stringer just aft of the bulkhead where I opened up the area. The water doesn’t coincide with rain either so it seems there’s water inside the stringer area if that’s even possible. QUESTION: do I keep chipping away at the stringer until it’s dry? Will that affect the structural integrity of my boat? Are there any design diagrams anywhere that can help determine where this water might be coming from?
6E81AA92-FE67-45C7-A2DD-78ABAD9D8E6E.jpeg
A65C66C5-B024-44C7-A0F6-062B7731537A.jpeg

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Welcome to the SBO forum,
Could it be coming from the hose?
Where does the hose start and where does it go?
What does the hose carry?

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Clean up is first and foremost finding and controlling (stopping) the source.

Is the boat in the water? If on a trailer, I would tilt the trailer to change the angle that the boat is sitting. This may help to stop the water.

Jun 25, 2022
Welcome to the SBO forum,
Could it be coming from the hose?
Where does the hose start and where does it go?
What does the hose carry?
That is my bilge pump hose. Everything else has been dry (bilge hasn’t run). I think I didn’t remove enough of the fiberglass that appeared ok on top but has water underneath. TY!

Jun 25, 2022
Clean up is first and foremost finding and controlling (stopping) the source.

Is the boat in the water? If on a trailer, I would tilt the trailer to change the angle that the boat is sitting. This may help to stop the water.
The boat is in the water now. I believe I did not remove enough fiberglass. It looked ok on top but I think there was water underneath. We shall see!!! TY!

Oct 29, 2012
Catalina 30 TRBS MkII Milwaukee
That is my bilge pump hose. Everything else has been dry (bilge hasn’t run). I think I didn’t remove enough of the fiberglass that appeared ok on top but has water underneath. TY!
Hello and Welcome,
Is the hose above or below the waterline? It looks like the hose was just pushed in a hole through the hull without any caulk or sealant. There should be some kind of Thru-hull that's been effectively installed to prevent water intrusion.