Catalina 22 interior cushions

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tim wilcox

I just purchased a 1982 Catalina 22 and the upholstery on the interior cushions needs to be replaced.....Any advice on a source to obtain new cushions other than going to a local shop and having the old foam recovered? Thanks for the help.

R

RDS

Cushions

For a start I'd call the Catalina parts dept to get a price. Then maybe look at the ads in "Mainsheet" for other vendors. Rick

L

Lauraine

Catalina Direct will probably have new cushions

available but if you want to save some money and your foam is OK, find an upholsterer in your area and have them recovered with a synthetic fabric of your choice.

B

Bayard Gross

Keep in mind the cost

You can easily spend more money on interior cushions than for a new high performance mainsail for a C-22. Attractive boat interiors are important when selling your vessel. Otherwise, as you and your crew will spend 99.99% of the time on the boat outside in the sun, interiors will not have much significance. However, a new 5.5 ounce full batten loose footed mainsail from Catalina Direct will definitely have an efect on your boat's performance. And probably cost less than the cushions as well. For the port seats, try using 20 X 30 1/4 inch foam door mats with a nautical motiff that you might find at Home Depot for about $20 a piece. That's what I intend to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.