Catalina 18 Trail Rite Trailer MANUAL or Specifications: HELP PLEASE

Jul 23, 2018
Catalina 18 Currently in dry storage
Trying to register a boat in Florida. Moved here from Wyoming. Wyoming registration shows weight of 500 pounds for the trailer, but the Florida Clerk (idiot bureaucrat) says, "we doesn't know if that includes the boat or just the trailer." Does anyone who owns a Trail Rite Trailer for a C-18 still have the manual with specifications? Weight?
They want me to take the boat OFF the trailer, then weigh the trailer by itself, so they know what the "correct" weight is for the title. Has nothing to do with the licence or registration fee, "but a certified weight is required!" HELP!!! PLEASE!!!

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
.................Does anyone have the manual with specifications? Weight?............
Manual attached. Suggest contacting Load Rite for the weight of your specific trailer. Wonder if you have a model and serial number on the trailer?

Attachments

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
According to sailboatdata.com the Catalina 18 has a displacement of 1,500

1588899440464.png

So by simple deduction the 500 lb is trailer only.

Go on a different day and talk with a different clerk. Bring this data sheet printed directly from the website or show it to her on your phone.

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
Go to a different office and say you have a homemade trailer that weighs 400 lbs and that you want a tag and registration. You allegedly built it, you certify its weight. I'm not being a "smart allen", it is just that here in Florida are so many trailers changing hand without documentation that it has become accepted to register homemade trailers. Oh by the way whatever you do do not give a tax collectors office clerk a hard time or you may find yourself having to go weigh a trailer.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Actually @Benny17441 has a good point. I did this once and it was at the advice of THE DMV LADY. She advised me to come back on a different day and tell her that it was a homemade trailer. So I came back on the morrow and we did this weird little charade.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Generally there is a plate or sticker with the info at the front of the trailer. It would be near the VIN number.

Jul 23, 2018
Catalina 18 Currently in dry storage
Manual attached. Suggest contacting Load Rite for the weight of your specific trailer. Wonder if you have a model and serial number on the trailer?

Thanks All, I had the VIN (on the Wyoming registration) when I tried registration just needed the weight. All these gratefully received suggestions will hopefully get this done. Maybe the manager in the office was having a bad day. Who knows. There are several other county offices so I'll try a different one and hopefully get this done. Calling it a home made trailer. How dumb...but it if works, it ain't dumb!
Again, Thank for All You Help.