Cat 30 Cockpit Cushions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 2, 2009
Catalina 1977 San Diego, CA
Besides C Cushions and Bottomsiders, are there any other cushions that anyone recommends? Anything made in/around San Diego?

caguy

Sep 22, 2006
Catalina, Luger C-27, Adventure 30 Marina del Rey
Besides C Cushions and Bottomsiders, are there any other cushions that anyone recommends? Anything made in/around San Diego?
At Marianna's Lifestyles in San Diego you can buy Sunbrella upholstery fabrics for $10/yd. I'll bet she can also make your cushions or will know someone who can at a reasonable price. No matter who you find to make them you'll save money by buying your own materials.
She can also help you coordinate thow pillows and curtains.
If you fnd a place with inexpwnsive foam, let me know.

Just finished mine and working on winch covers.

http://marianalifestyles.com/page.aspx?albumid=1868&parentid=1868

Good luck,

Oct 6, 2007
Catalina 387 Panama City, FL
I purchased C Cushions for my last boat....great! Solid form does not absorb water.
I you have some made with sunbrella with "open cell foam" they will absorb water.

Bill

Jan 22, 2008
Cherubini 37c HULL#37 Alameda
My 2c's

I have Sunbrella fabric cushions. The suck ! they get wet, soggy and dirty in a hurry. Sunbrella states in the warranty, do not machine wash and dry. Had the Sunbrella screen type stuff over closed cell. Those leave waffle tracks imprinted on your butt. I would go for the C Cushions and safety pin beach towels around them so you don't do the sweaty, slip-n-slide thing and you can take em off and wash em so they stay fresh and clean. Also you could easily change-up the look of your cockpit w/ different towels.

caguy

Sep 22, 2006
Catalina, Luger C-27, Adventure 30 Marina del Rey
I have Sunbrella fabric cushions. The suck ! they get wet, soggy and dirty in a hurry. Sunbrella states in the warranty, do not machine wash and dry. Had the Sunbrella screen type stuff over closed cell. Those leave waffle tracks imprinted on your butt. I would go for the C Cushions and safety pin beach towels around them so you don't do the sweaty, slip-n-slide thing and you can take em off and wash em so they stay fresh and clean. Also you could easily change-up the look of your cockpit w/ different towels.
Great, now you tell me. :doh:

Feb 26, 2008
Catalina 30 Marathon, FL
We had ours made by a local guy who works out of his basement. We used Sunbrella for the tops, Phifertex mesh fabric for the bottoms, and "dry fast" foam open cell foam (water flows through so they don't stay wet).

We're able to leave them out whenever we're on the boat and pretty much shake them dry. We store them in burlap bags made by the same guy. The air flow through the burlap keeps them from mildewing. Recoating the Sunbrella with 303 Fabric Guard will keep the sunbrella water repellant.

When I had the cushions made I broke them lengthwise at the lazarette. This way I can grab things without flopping a six foot long cushion up onto the lifelines.

If you ask around the dock you can probably find someone local who does cushions/canvas on the side. ;)

Jim
95 C30 Island Time
Barnegat Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.