Capri 22 Tuning Guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peter Vanderwaart

Does anyone know of a Capri 22 tuning guide? I am especially interested in the optimum length of the forestay (which sets the rake of the mast). I race in a mixed PHRF fleet with the 150 genoa. Peter

E

ed rosen

tuning

peter, i, too, am having difficulty in finding written info in re tuning. you would think tht catalina would, but ... if i get some i will forward it to you. hope you may do the same for me thank you ed

E

ed rosen

peter, your sail #?

peter, this is ed again. just for the record--what is your hull/sail #? and where do you sail? i'm at : ipecacvalrr@exit109.com i might have some tuning info soon from another source. hang in for awhile. good sailing, ed

B

Bryan Sperling

Basic tuning.

I found in the Capri 22 owners manual that the proper rig set up is to align the mast vertical fore and aft using a plumb bob and then adjust the upper shrouds so that a deflection of 1" would be present using a 50 pound push at shoulder height. (your shoulder or mine?) Then the lower shrouds should be adjusted looser than the uppers so that there is no tensoin nor slack while at dockside. It states that the lower shrouds should not deflect the mast more than any other shroud when pushed equally hard. I guess that means 50 pounds? Further adjustment to the upper shrouds should be made with one-half turns at a time on the turnbuckles until the tension of the lower shrouds is brought into balance. You probably already had this info, but this is all I have found as far as tuning thus far. Its frustrating that Catalina hasn't provided more tuning information for this boat. I guess its because there are only 848 of them out there to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.