Capri 22 Fin Keel Tall Rig wanted

Nov 22, 2017
Catalina Capri 22 Seneca YC
Hey All,

New to the forum and looking for a little help. I have been looking for the last several months for a 2001 or newer Capri with the fin keel and have had little luck. Found plenty of the wing keels. I was wondering if anyone on the forum knew of anyone boats for sale or that may be coming up for sale.
Just for some background, I raced for years with a friend on a Catalina 25 and we were fortunate/skilled enough to take home a few club trophies on that boat. My friend recently sold the 25 and moved up to a 30ft Beneteau. I came across the Capri while looking for my own boat, figured this was a good time to add another boat to the line. I really like the design and simplicity of the Capri 22. I plan to use the boat for club racing on Seneca Lake (NY) and like the performance and handling of the fin keel better than the wing.
Appreciate any help or direction! Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.
-Alex

Slartibartfass

Capri 22 Mod
Dec 13, 2015
Catalina Capri 22 1139 Mamaroneck, NY
Just keep looking online regularly. That’s how I found my boat....And be ready to move fast....

Oct 11, 2017
Catalina Capri 22 259 Washington DC
I looked for a while myself, came to the conclusion that I was going to modify short rig into Tall rig myself.
I am in the middle of that process right now. My winter project is converting to tall rig, adding a second set spreaders, remount all hardware new or reused in new locations, all new standing rigging, running rigging, finish installation of Sea hood, new electrical, and fill all old holes from removed hardware.
Remove vinyl interior and paint, install new bowsprit, new bow pulpits, install 6 new pieces of T-track for jib leads. And the best part is a brand new B&G Triton 2 system with wind, speed, depth along with a Zeus 3 7'' Chartplotter. 2 new Trojan 6 volt golf cart batteries on each side of the porta pottie goes but inside of the v-berth.

May 31, 2018
Capri 22 White Bear Lake
I want to sell my 23-ft Capri with winged keel. I am traveling but should be able to send specs if you are still interested.

Feb 7, 2010
Catalina Capri 22 MKII 1097 Grove, OK
I looked for a while myself, came to the conclusion that I was going to modify short rig into Tall rig myself.
I am in the middle of that process right now. My winter project is converting to tall rig, adding a second set spreaders, remount all hardware new or reused in new locations, all new standing rigging, running rigging, finish installation of Sea hood, new electrical, and fill all old holes from removed hardware.
Remove vinyl interior and paint, install new bowsprit, new bow pulpits, install 6 new pieces of T-track for jib leads. And the best part is a brand new B&G Triton 2 system with wind, speed, depth along with a Zeus 3 7'' Chartplotter. 2 new Trojan 6 volt golf cart batteries on each side of the porta pottie goes but inside of the v-berth.
I have a 2005 Capri 22 SRFK and am considering changing over to a Tall Rig. Where did you find your mast?
Thanks Jim

Oct 11, 2017
Catalina Capri 22 259 Washington DC
I made the extension myself. I added to splices 1 at the goosneck area and 1 around the headstay