Capri 18 Bilge Pump

Jul 4, 2013
Catalina 22 Trailered
Anyone have recommendations on a bilge pump for the Capri 18.

And does the hose in the bilge by the battery compartment pump out into the cockpit/locker?

Thanks
Kent

Nov 19, 2008
Catalina C-22 MK-II Parrish, FL
On mine, the manual bilge pump was toward the rear on the starboard side of the cockpit seat and it pumped out through the transom above the waterline. I had the inlet down into the keel sump.

Don

Jul 4, 2013
Catalina 22 Trailered
Thanks
Don

Okay, so I can assume that the hose in the aft starboard locker in the cockpit snakes down into the keel bilge?

Is there a dedicated drain through the transom or does the bilge water just drain out through one of the cockpit transom drains?

Kent

Nov 19, 2008
The hose goes up from the bilge to the pump, and out the discharge fitting above the water line. You don't want any ability for water to drain into the bilge, or the boat will flood,(C-18 can't sink). The two holes in the transom with the brass insert are just that, holes, again, above the waterline, nothing connects to them. The cockpit floor drains to the back and out those holes.

Don

Nov 19, 2008
White plastic fitting on the starboard side of the transom under the swim ladder on my C-18, but you've got an older version with the motor on the starboard side? It can be anywhere, just needs to be well above the waterline so seawater can't drain into the boat.

Don