Can't seem to stay logged in any more...is it personal?

LuzSD

Feb 21, 2009
Catalina 30 San Diego/ Dana Point, Ca.
I have noticed that for the past year or more that I am continually logging back in. Not a BIG deal but I don't understand what has changed. What can I do to fix that, if anything?

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
Isn't there a "stay logged in" option to check at login?
Right next to the login button?

Jul 14, 2015
Catalina 30 Stillhouse Hollow Marina
Must be computer settings. Mine never logs out.

LuzSD

Feb 21, 2009
JSG, yes and its ALWAYS just sittin' there checked off! I have unchecked and rechecked it and no change.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Yes, time/date is a big deal and you can also be sabotaged by your cookie security settings as well as privacy software. Some systems are set to wipe all cookies at the end of a session and save none of them.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Yes, time/date is a big deal and you can also be sabotaged by your cookie security settings as well as privacy software. Some systems are set to wipe all cookies at the end of a session and save none of them.
Or it COULD be personal. Just sayin'.

Oct 3, 2014
Marlow-Hunter MH37 Lake City, MN
JSG, yes and its ALWAYS just sittin' there checked off! I have unchecked and rechecked it and no change.
It could be a function of your browser settings and how it handles cookies. If it's set to clear all cookies on exit, that's the problem I bet.

Johnb

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37-cutter Richmond CA
I suggest that it is something to do with your particular comput
I have noticed that for the past year or more that I am continually logging back in. Not a BIG deal but I don't understand what has changed. What can I do to fix that, if anything?
Can you clarify whether you are getting logged out whilst actively using the site or whether it happens after you have shut down and started up again.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
It's the guy who hates you because of the way you looked at him when you tried to help him with his crash-docking. It's *definitely* personal.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Can you clarify whether you are getting logged out whilst actively using the site or whether it happens after you have shut down and started up again.
This is the right question. Johnb knows what he's doing!

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
It is not a Date/Time issue. My PC is set right now for June 1 2016 with a time of 20:50. I can still log in without intervention. My PC is not syncronizing with SBO's server and SBO is not a Time Server.

So, you must be clearing out your cache or cookies. Or, you might have an add-on which is saving your login cookie for session only. Once you leave the cache is cleared.

I would recommend looking at restoring default settings of your browser. Or as some have mentioned, check to see if you are telling your browser to erase its history/cache/cookies when exiting.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Likely a browser issue. Upgrade to Monday's version. Oh wait, it's Thursday.

LuzSD

Feb 21, 2009
who would have thought there was so much sage advise on such a simple issue. I sure came to the right place.
I don't think I have ever been logged out while I am enjoying all the fodder here. Its always when I return and realize I am only an observer.
I just adjusted my cookie issue, but I have had some problems with a work site because of cookies so I might have to decide between work and SBO and right now SBO is winning.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Sbo is only trumped by the real thing. Oh. Can I use that word?

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
Only if you prefer Coke™ to Pepsi™. Oh wait, you meant.... never mind.

LuzSD

Feb 21, 2009
Success! I have returned a couple times last night and this morning and I am still a member of good standing and able to comment on anything I want immediately! Yeah, it was all about the cookies. Isn't it always?