Can't Imagine How This Would Feel

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
So, this seems to have occured in St. Louis. Too bad there was no audio. Do you know what the outcome was? Looks like that boater might have gotten real lucky.

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
So, this seems to have occured in St. Louis. Too bad there was no audio. Do you know what the outcome was? Looks like that boater might have gotten real lucky.
They elderly owners were rescued from the vessel, the owner actually argued with the recue boat he didn't want to leave the vessel and from what I have been able to find Tow boat USA is bringing in a barge with a crane to lift the stranded vessel off the rocks. Just can't imagine how this would feel, secondly the operator had to be asleep at the wheel to miss the lock system to go around the Chain of Rocks.

Jun 29, 2010
Beneteau First 235 Lake Minnetonka, MN
You can unmute the audio by clicking the speaker icon with the line through it....

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
Thanks for the audio. Puts things in much better context. I'm guessing the Bahamas is now out. I sure wouldn't be making that trip with that captain. But, maybe that's just me.

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
It certainly begs the question, what experience did this captain have? Is it one of those cases, I have the money and I want to sail so I will go out and purchase a big boat and go down to the Bahama's.......heck how hard could it be?

Dec 23, 2016
Catalina 27 Clinton CT
Maybe they had paddles out and were going white water rafting when they saw the disturbed water.
Saves on fuel

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Very costly mistake…news article said that the missed a turn for the lock and ended up on the rocks.

feel bad for them…this will be a very costly mistake and won’t do that boat any good…

Probably cancels their plans to get to the Bahamas.

Greg