Can't figure out how to use the inverter/refrigerator on new to me '36 MK II.

Aug 20, 2023
Catalina '36 MKII Tiburon
Recently purchased a 1999 Catalina 36 MK II with an inverter - but the OP was unresponsive to queries on how to use it - there is an outlet to the left of the service panel and a dedicated power strip in the cabinet next to the outlet. Prior to purchase new top-of-the-line batteries installed, battery charge is great. We've tried all sorts of panel combinations while disconnected from the shore power. I feel like I'm just missing something. Similar situation with the galley refrigerator - turn it on at the panel and turn the thermostat on and nothing - though it worked at the time of the inspection? Thank you in advance. Mutara Nebula II

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
Most refrigeration units on boats is 12VDC. Why do you think it should be powered off the inverter?

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
Sorry for the confusion - it's not - it's on the DC panel, but even with the breaker on for it, it just won't turn on.
Confused by the mention of an inverter.

Hard to guess the problem - anything from bad compressor, bad thermostat, bad switch to no power to it. Can you verify the power at the compressor?

Aug 20, 2023
Catalina '36 MKII Tiburon
I figured the fridge out - the broker had disconnected the power line to the fridge by shoving a cushion into the compressor unit in the lazarette. Now I'm just trying to figure out why its loud - it started up with a loud squeaky noise; reduce to a low gurgle - I vacuumed out the plates that I could reach - wondering if I can lube the fan?